The United Kingdom Competition Appeal Tribunal is a specialist judicial body with cross-disciplinary expertise in law, economics, business and accountancy whose function is to hear and decide cases involving competition or economic regulatory issues.
- 6 Feb 2015 - Draft Tribunal RulesThe Government has commenced consultation on new rules of procedure for the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- 7 Nov 2014 - Triennial Review of the Competition Appeal Tribunal and the Competition ServiceThis review forms part of a rolling programme of reviews of all public bodies implemented following the Public Bodies Act 2011. The review has concluded that the functions performed by the Tribunal’s support body, the Competition Service, should be retained but should be merged with those of the Tribunal to form a single public body, a specialist Tribunal with its own support functions.
- 29 Sep 2014 - Practice Direction Relating to Commencement of Damages Claims (entry into force: 1 October 2014) The Tribunal has published a Practice Direction Relating to Commencement of Damages Claims.
- View all announcements
- 12 Mar 2015 | 10.30am - Hearing 1151/3/3/10 British Telecommunications PLC (Termination Charges: 080 calls) v Office of Communications1169/3/3/10 British Telecommunications PLC v Office of Communications (Termination charges: 0845 and 0870 numbers)
- 27 Mar 2015 | 10.30am - Hearing - Remittal (Preliminary issue) 1156/8/3/10 Virgin Media, Inc. v Office of Communications1157/8/3/10 The Football Association Premier League Limited v Office of Communications 1158/8/3/10 British Sky Broadcasting Limited v Office of Communications1159/8/3/10 British Telecommunications PLC v Office of Communications
- View all diary events
- 24 Feb 2015 - Order of the Tribunal (Withdrawal of interventions)1211/3/3/13 British Telecommunications plc v Office of Communications (Termination charges: NCCNs 1046, 1101 and 1107)PDF 33KB
- 23 Feb 2015 - Order of the Chairman (Extending stay)1224/6/8/14 Lafarge Tarmac Holdings Limited v Competition and Markets Authority (No. 2)1225/6/8/14 Hope Construction Materials Limited v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 33KB
- 13 Feb 2015 - Order of the President (Confidentiality ring) 1233/4/12/14 Groupe Eurotunnel S.A. v Competition and Markets Authority1235/4/12/14 The Société Coopérative de Production SeaFrance S.A. v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 37KB
- 12 Feb 2015 - Judgment of the Court of Appeal1219/4/8/13 Ryanair Holdings PLC v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 268KB
- 12 Feb 2015 - Order of the Court of Appeal1219/4/8/13 Ryanair Holdings PLC v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 63KB
- 11 Feb 2015 - Ruling (Permission to appeal and stay) 1229/6/12/14 HCA International Limited v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 53KB
- 9 Feb 2015 - Order of the Tribunal (Amending confidentiality ring)1211/3/3/13 British Telecommunications plc v Office of Communications (Termination charges: NCCNs 1046, 1101 and 1107)PDF 34KB
- 4 Feb 2015 - Order of the Chairman (Withdrawal of appeal)1195/3/3/12 British Telecommunications PLC v Office of Communications (08x Nos: BT-Vodafone Dispute)PDF 34KB
- View document archive