Rules and Guidance
All cases commenced after 20 June 2003 are governed by the Competition Appeal Tribunal Rules 2003 ("the 2003 Rules"). The 2003 Rules have been amended by the Competition Appeal Tribunal (Amendment and Communications Act Appeals) Rules 2004 in respect of matters being heard by the Tribunal under the Communications Act 2003.
- The Competition Appeal Tribunal Rules 2003 (SI 2003 No.1372) PDF 108KB
- The Competition Appeal Tribunal (Amendment and Communications Act Appeals) Rules 2004 (SI 2004 No.2068) PDF 29KB
- Practice Direction Relating to Commencement of Damages Claims (1 October 2014) PDF 37KB
The Guide to Proceedings
The Guide to Proceedings explains in straightforward terms how cases are conducted before the CAT.
- Competition Appeal Tribunal Guide to proceedings (October 2005) PDF 348KB
- Guidance Note 1/2009: Competition Act 1998 Decision of 22 September 2009 – “Case CE/4327-04: cover pricing in the construction industry in England” (“the Construction Industry Decision”) PDF 89.5KB